Friday, June 11, 2010

My Bum Hurts!

Well haven't showered yet, but not smelling too bad! That's a good thing! I have brushed my teeth though and washed my face so I got the basic necessities down and nothing can penetrate this axe deodorant that I have (thanks Nat for the inspiration). Okay so yesterday...one word...bus ride...12 hours about round trip including eating and two stops! Ha to say the least it was a long day. My bottom feels like I got kicked in the butt two hundred times by a really good soccer player (Clark-e??). 

Anyway the point of the trip was to go pick up two of the interns Abby and Joseph who are really nice. The team is coming together so far we have: me, Cristina King (Dora), Abby, Joseph, Janell, Kristina Dykes, and Evan. I think we have one more intern to meet today her name is Hannah Spargo. Those names don't mean much to most of you, but that is who I will be spending my entire summer with. We have already started bonding and I thank God for every person on this team because I can tell each person was put here for a reason and we get along so well! 

I just want to take a min to describe Honduran traffic to you...picture you are on a two way mountain road...one lane going one way and one lane going the other way...in Honduras if you don't like the lane you are currently in for whatever reason you just go into the other lane of traffic pump the gas until you see another car coming head on (usually a semi) then you honk franticly to get back over before a certain death comes! It really sound scary but the people here are so good at it! I kinda enjoy it not going to lie (mom you would hate it you would be screeching like no other and pressing that passenger side that doesn't exist really hard).

And finally the the low down for this coming week. Today we leave at 10:30 our time to go to the airport to pick up the team from Florida. We will be leaving from the airport to the village Guinope. We will be there building houses roofs and leading bible studies and VBS type camps all week. We leave Guinope Thursday and will arrive back at the mission house Thur. night. So that means after I leave this morning I will not have contact with anyone...no internet...no text free...I am sad but it is going to be a good time to grow closer to God and really pray for Him to take control! 

I will miss all of you so much but I will hopefully be able to blog Thursday night or Friday morning a week from now! Know that I am praying for you all and that you are soooo missed! Love you guys thanks for your prayers I know God is answering them because He has been so present this week. 

1 Corinthians 1:9 God who has called you into fellowship with his son Jesus Christ our LORD, is faithful.

Amen Sista

13 comments:

  1. Alex Dear! Thanks for the "shout out". You are sooo right! I would have pushed my brake foot thru the floor. Now that I have stopped laughing know that I am very proud of you and can't wait for the next update! Take care of yourself! Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALEX!!!
    I miss you so much!! I am very happy God has taken you there though! I am praying for you all the time and i cant wait to read about what you do next! lol Dont worry about being homesick and never give up hope! I love you my little honey bunches of oats!
    --Lindsey Richards :)
    Mark 15:20 He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i liked my shout out too, axe just brings you through the day, its always there for you! i love you so much and i miss you miss you miss you!
    sam wesely says hi :) he's been at my house hanging with my brother along with chandler walker and aidan workman! :) fun stuff
    i have stories to tell you already! i need to like start making a list or something :) cant wait until your next one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Little One, I miss you and you have only been gone a few days. I enjoy reading about your adventures. Do God's work and know that your Dad loves you very much and is so proud of you. Be safe...write or call when you can. Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you and miss you. I hope you are having a great time. I can't wait to see you again. I am praying for you. I got the pictures you sent. I love it and will always keep it with me. You will always be in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alex you don't know me but I saw your Dad at church today and he told me about your amazing spirit to serve and shared your blog. I just got back from an amazing mission trip to a squatter camp in Soweto so I know that your heart is being FILLED UP with love ...

    Just know that you and the people you are serving are being prayed for by people you don't even know!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boo! You are doing amazing work over there, we just know it! We believe in you and everything you're doing! You are in our hearts and prayers always!! We love you, keep doing what you love!
    Love, Uncle Jim, Aunt Lori, Grey, Katie, and Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss you more when I you aren't blogging! :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alex.......so proud of you. You are an inspiration to so many.
    Your mom is also my hero........I think you are a lot like her. She teaches so many through her actions not just her words. You are truly a great example of compassion and love. You are an angel.......keep up your sweet work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH Alex, I just laughed so much reading about the traffic. I'd have to say i think you'd be an awesome driver there! LOL I already miss you and can't wait to hear all of your wonderful stories. love you BOO :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S. DANNY SOHN NO LONGER OWNS BRU!!!!!!! :/ we are all so sad lol. Its a new lady named Suki and her husband Dan. hahaha i never thought id say this but I miss danny...

    ok just thought id fill ya in :) LOVE YA SOHNNY! xoxo im praying for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alex! we all miss you so much! i have some news for you already and i can't wait till you get back! God is definately gonna use you though and i can't wait to hear all about it.
    i love and miss you a ton!
    ansley :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I miss your Blogs!!! Time to tell us about your week!!! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete