Sunday, June 6, 2010

click EDIT post to edit it

      Okay so first blog post! I was going to write my first one on Thursday however my mouth was so numb from being at the dentist and I really wasnt up to it or drooling on my keys without knowing it!

      Well my trip is 3 days away...WHAT??!! The time has seriously flown by so so quickly, but I think that I am ready to depart...except for the fact that I am going to miss my friends and family so much..God will make it okay though I trust Him! Well in case any of you dont know how I got to this place in my life I am going to do a quick share-a-thon hopefully it wont get too long or boring! Here goes:

      Last year at TNT (which is our senior high youth group at Hillside UMC) our youth pastor announced that our youth group would be taking a mission trip to Honduras that coming spring break...I knew immediately that was something that I would want to do...then he announced the price and I kind of just let go of the idea. A little later that year the group that our youth pastor had picked to go was going out to lunch and I had been invited because I was just going to pray for the group going (it was all of my really good friends going). At lunch we met Bobby and Momma Mares, they were going to be basically running the mission trip. We ate at El Ranchero and while there I threw out some Spanish...probably something which didn't require much knowledge like gracias, but it impressed them and they asked why I wasn't going on the trip. I told them the money issue and Steve (youth pastors name) said that if money was the issue that should not stop me from following something that God wanted me to do. Long story short God provided every penny through my family, friends, and people that I didn't even know who just wanted Gods work to be done! (That's a whole story in itself...ALWAYS TRUST JESUS...HE IS SO FAITHFUL)!

      Anyway I went on the trip having no clue what to expect and God showed up big time! I was able to work with some of the most amazing people in Honduras and seriously learned so much not only about myself but other cultures. However that wasn't even the best part...putting on VBS for the orphans of Fe, Esperanza, y Amor Orphanage (Faith, Hope, and Love Orphanage) was the most life altering thing I have ever experienced!  I went expecting to teach the kids so much about Jesus, but I think God spoke to me through every single child in that camp. They taught me to have an immovable faith, a never failing hope, and above all else to Love like there is no tomorrow! I just knew that God wanted me there for that very reason to learn all of those things!

      We all returned from that trip heartbroken from leaving our friends in Honduras, but completely changed! I had prayed a lot on that trip and I KNEW that God was calling me back to Honduras because I literally thought about it everyday!

      And along came the opportunity to return...now I am 3 days away from being back in the country that I love and that God has def given me a heart for. Again He has been faithful and provided everything for this trip (a special hugeee thanks to my mom)..I will be working in about 6 different cities putting on Vacation Bible Schools, building things and mainly spreading the WORD and LOVE of Christ!

   Special thanks to everyone who gave so generously to my trip please believe me when I say you are a HUGE blessing! Sorry that this was so long, but that is what God has done and is doing on my life! Allee you rock thanks for setting this thing up loveee you so much. I know Africa is going to love your guts!

6 comments:

  1. God has great things planned for you! You will have so much fun, but I will miss your lidda face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha but i bet you wont miss having all your clothes! loveeee you anchie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels Alex! We miss you already. Syd says she loves you and is praying for you (us too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Alex..today in "Jesus Calling", were words for everyone, but especially someone on the mission field..."Remember that you are on a journey with ME. When you try to peer into the future and plan for every possibility, you ignore your constant Companion who sustains you moment by moment. As you gaze anxiously into the distance, you don't even feel the strong grip of My hand holding yours...never lost sight of My Presence with you. This will keep you resting in Me all day, every day." Just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers and that I am SO proud of you!
    Miss Sharon (Smith)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi love. We miss you sooo much but know you are doing wonderful work. You will be less homesick as time goes on. I used to get homesick when I spent the night at my next door neighbors house :) You are way stronger than me and know that God is with you. I love you and pray for you everyday. Love and lots of kisses, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks mommy and Miss Sharon!!! That was all very encouraging. I love Jesus calling but didnt bring mine with me soooo muchas gracias! loveeeee you!

    ReplyDelete