Friday, June 25, 2010

I am back! And this is prob the start of a really long blog post...haha but I am hoping that it will be semi entertaining and make you feel happy! 

Okay so Friday we took yet another trip to the Airport in Tegucigalpa to bid our farewells to the Sopchoppy (sorry if i butchered that spelling) group. Which by the way you were all missed dearly this week! After we waved to them through the windows of their terminal for about 25 min the waiting period began. We waited in the airport for the Ashville group to come in for about an hour and a half lol I am becoming a good sitter and waiter... God is def teaching me patience. Good thing I am a people watcher...thanks dad! The cool thing though was watching all of the mission teams come flowing into the lobby of the airport all with scripture written on there shirts and smiling so big! It is cool to know that while our group is sharing the joy of the Gospel to people tons of other people that we dont know are around us doing the same thing! 

After the group came in we grabbed a quick bite to eat at Popeyes...uh yay american food in my belly! Then we all loaded back into the bus and van and headed to the campamento where we would be staying for the next week. The whole group arrived at the camp and just moved into our rooms and just hung around! The camp was pretty nice...a big gym type thing for eating, playing, and church...and a big cabin thing split in half one side for girls and one for boys with tons of bunks lol the basics ohhhhh and my favorite a SOCCER FIELD! The orpans from Emmanuel Orphanage wouldn't arrive till the next day so the group just had boning time and prepared for the week...which God totally reconstructed because He totally changed the plans...yay Him :)!

Okay so here is the low down on Emmanuel Orphanage before I write any more. There are 400 poeple who live there. 20 girls and 20 boys who have the best grades and behavior get to come to the camp once a year. These kids wake up at 4:30 am eat breakfast go to work on the fields (for boys) and cleaning and cooking (for girls) they eat lunch around 11:30 and go to school then come home eat dinner  and at 4 pm the get locked in their rooms for the rest of the day until the next morning...:(. It is a christian orphanage but because of short staff they have to do that...I cannot imagine a life like that. It makes me so grateful for what I have...so next time I think I am having a bad day I need to realize that I am not stuck in the same place everyday working so hard not for money but a place to stay and an education...most of us have that given to us. So with that in mind imagine finding out that you get to go to camp for half a week where you get to stay up late, sleep in, eat a lot of food, play soccer, jump on a trampoline, sing, dance, and worship Jesus without worrying about anything else! FUN!

So from Saturday-Tuesday morning twenty boys came to the camp (at the orphanage they completely separate the boys and girls). We taught lessons on God's plan for their lives and I think we all learned so much! It was cool because we planned for little kids and God brought us kids ages 13-18..a little odd at first but we realized that these guys would soon be on their own and needed the Gospel more than ever!

The bad news came Tuesday morning at about 4 am when I woke up and had to go chill in the bathroom for a while.... two words SICK AGAIN! It was the exact symptoms as last time except the bathrooms were a little more nasty here lol. I was sick all of tuesday, but did have a fellow sick partner, Ashley! We just moped around all day half alive. I got a lot better Wednesday when I started up some more prescribed meds (lol thats my fourth prescribed medicine in 17 days). So they think I have a parasite in my tummy and he activates himself once a week so hopefully my current meds will eliminate that sucker! 

(Feel free to take a break and get a snack or something lol I know this is long...see this as an intermission)

Okay here we go again...the girls came on Tuesday and the next day when I started feeling better it was AWESOME! I def know that is where my heart is...talking to girls my age about Jesus and seeing the Joy that can come from a life devoted to Him! The girls were also about 13-18 and I loved every minute of my time with them...Jesus taught me so much about love this week and it is all too much to write! Wed night I went out in the hall to pray with Cristina King for all the people at SWO and our fams and the Nicaragua group and we came back in and had 3 guests in our 2 small bunks. We slept that night with five girls sharing two twin bunks and I LOVED it. The language barrier didn't stop us at all from laughing our butts off or from becoming really good friends! We did the same lessons with the girls but changed it up a bit. 

The night that changed my life was last night though. We all gathered after dinner to have church like we always did..we worshiped together, prayed, the girls from Emmanuel put on a skit for us, and then two girls from Emmanuel gave their testimonies. I don't really know how to put this into words but I am going to try. One of the girls from Emmanuel gave her testimony and it absolutely broke my heart. She was a 17 year old girl and proceeded to tell us that 2 years ago she was living with her mom, dad, and siblings and said that she had a "normal" happy family. Two years ago on Christmas a group of men broke into her house and in front of her 15 year old eyes her parents were murdered with knives and axes...she pleaded with them to spare her family but they refused and moved to her brother. I dont want to go into any more detail because it is absolutely heart breaking. The thing I want you to know about this testimony is that she said she KNOWS that God spared her that night because she knows that He has a plan for her life to share her absolutely horrible story to tell people that the only way she was able to come through that hard time was because of Jesus Christ and the power of his healing and comforting hand. She told us to never take for granted the amazing gifts that God gave us...and I know that I do...everyday. She said she wished so much that she could hug her parents one more time but knows that God will provide for her. 

I wrote this first to say Jesus is comfort in any problem, in any place, in any circumstance. Second to say find your loved ones today and tell them how much they mean to you and how they are such a blessing...I was in tears last night knowing that I take my family ( mom, daddy, sis and Jeff) so much for granted...so i love you all and thank you really from the bottom of my heart. You and all my friends are such huge gift from Chirst that I dont know what I would do without. Really thank you.

Saying bye to the girls was hard...it always is. Prayers: health, people that made decisons for christ at SWO, Nicaragua group, and that God would use each and everyone of use each day!

please READ: 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

Remember:  1) Without LOVE everything we do is pointless
                    2) I love you all so much and miss the junk out of you all
                    3) Jesus Christ loves you so much and wants you to seek Him everyday and believe me he          
                        WILL comfort you

loveeee sorry it was so lonnnnggg!

9 comments:

  1. Boo, love reading your messages!!!!!!
    I miss you and hope you are taking care of yourself. Hope you are feeling better, STAY HYDRATED!!!! What meds are you taking???
    I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!
    Aunt Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristiana aka NannaJune 25, 2010 at 8:14 PM

    Hey Boo!
    Glad to hear your doing well, besides the parasite :( Everyone misses you , mainly your Mom (she writes about it on facebook just about everyday lol). I am so proud of you!!!
    Love you Boo

    P.S.- Did you take your bumper ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweetie! I love reading your thoughts and experiences...Not quite as much as I love having you here. Just so you know, you mean the world to me and I love you! You are making such a difference in those kids lives, and I know they are making a change in your life also. Although, don't change much.....I love you just the way you are!!!! I plan to tell all the special people in my life how much they mean to me......You are right about sometimes taking people you love for granted!
    I hope you are practicing your spanish.....you will need it for your spanish class at GCSU! I am still looking forward to our orientation. I will enjoy it for you! Loving you and missing you bunches and bunches! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey My Love,

    I wrote this comment yesterday after reading your blog but for some reason, probably user error, it didn't post.

    I just want you to know how proud your words and actions make me. I love you! Looks like Mom and I, well mostly Mom, did something right. You and your sister are bright spots in my life and I feel so blessed because of you two.

    Keep up the good work you are doing in the name of the Lord and know that your smile and words are a blessing to everyone you come in contact with. My prayers go out for your health, safety, and for your mission team.

    Love,
    One Proud Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Boo!!

    I'm going to jump on the "love" bandwagon!! I am soooo proud of you! Enjoy every minute that you have (well, except the "parasite moments!") because you will remember this for the rest of your life! You are gaining and sharing some really important messages and I am so happy to be able to read about what you are dicovering! Just know that you are touching more lives (and making more old ladies cry!) than you know!

    Be safe, drink lots of bottled water, and pass out lots and lots of hugs!!! :)

    I loveeeeee you!!
    Ms. Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is all so awesome! miss you boo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cry every time I read your posts. Love you, miss you, praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of you! thank your for all your encouragement! I am loving it here and I wish i could express all the AMAZING things that God is doing! he is seriously so amazing! syd i am soooo sorry that i havent wrote back! i am feeling muchhhh better thanks for all your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the bracelets bitta. Your comment to bitty Ev was cute! I miss you! And promise he is taking care of me for you :) loveeee!

    Can't wait for you to be back so we can set up your dorm room! :)

    ReplyDelete