Thursday, June 10, 2010

Here I am!

I woke up this morning to the sound of barking dogs, crowing roosters and horns honking like mad...welcome to Honduras! Ha that is actually one of my favorite things, in all the chaos of the noise it is very relaxing! So anyway yesterday was an awesome day! It was filled with tons of new experiences and tons of Spanish (which I am still trying get back in the groove of). Our plane landed about 12:30 Honduras time (which that is 2:30 Georgia time btw) from there we went through customs and to our surprise it only took 15 min. Then we finally left the airport and walked onto the streets of Honduras :) it was wonderful to be back!

We loaded up all our bags and headed to the mission house (The Gomez Family...love them). The Gomez's  had lunch already prepared for us and it was great! After lunch we all just chilled at the mission house blogging, taking pics, filming with my new Flip cam (p.s. I love all of you who got me that, it is a HUGE blessing and I will use it todos los dias...everyday), and just getting to know each other.

Cristina King and I talked to a woman named Angela and she shared many testimonies with us of how God was always beside her and how he was sooo faithful to her! Of course she was speaking in Spanish so I only understood some of it but the part I did understand was that she always said, "Gracias a Dios" (thanks to God) after every tragic story because she knew that after every time she was robbed (by her own family), beaten, had sick family members, and persecuted for what she believed that she was growing closer to God...her Savior! She never spoke a mean word to the people that abused her she only told them of a God who wanted a relationship with them and who sent his ONLY SON to die for them. That's so cool because first she realizes that if everything she does is not for God then it is pointless. She truly lives out her life for God through loving like Christ loved. I dont really think that if someone was robbing my house I would be able to say nice loving things to them and share the Gospel with them. Again you go expecting to bring Jesus here to people, but the truth is He is here already and is doing great things through the lives of those who love Him and are willing to surrender to Him.

Well nothing can top talking to her but the day did go on...we went to the Honduran mall...hiper somthing or other lol...we had to get shamp and conditioner for one of the girls. Walking into the grocery  was so odd. I had my backpack on and one of the guys that worked there rushed up to me and started talking in Spanish sooooo fast and I just stared with prob a really ugly confused face on. Anyway Cristina rescued me and said he wanted us to leave our backpacks at the door for fear that we might steal. Anyway we came home ate and then chilled again. Work starts Friday!

The only thing I am struggling with right now is being a bit homesick, but it is getting better...its hard to leave the best friends in the world and bast family in the world, but God wants me here and I want to be here so peace will come it just takes some getting used to! I miss all of you and I pray for all of you all the time! Honduras is treating me really well and it is so beautiful! LOVE you all!

2 comments:

  1. i love and miss you baby girl! :)
    im so glad to hear everything so far has been awesome, i hope you enjoyed all your videos haha
    i will keep praying for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the videos and they made me cry! I love you lol my bum hurts i was in the car for 12 hours

    ReplyDelete