Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Prayers...yeah our God answers them!

So wow! I am amazed by God sometimes and as I type this I get chills just thinking of how faithful he is! So Monday morning I wake up scared out of my mind...first day of college classes...who wouldn't be scared? Anyway I open my Bible and just start to read, but sometimes you just sense God saying put down your Bible and talk to me and listen to me! So I got down on my knees and started praying...with tears coming down I asked God "please Lord give me one new friend who is madly in love with you as well...please just give me one Lord I need it!" The thing that amazed me was I asked for ONE...1...uno amigo (friend). So monday morning I walk out of my dorm room a confident girl walking hand in hand with my savior Jesus knowing that He would give me ONE friend. How many friends do I make in the first day? Well tons but God gave me Haley Dillman and Hannah Bostardi who loveee Him soo much and I can tell we are going to be best friends! How many do they introduce me to...a couple...and then they tell me about house church...how many people do we meet at house church....soooooooo many! You see we ask God for things that are simple...like give me 1 friend...help me to touch one person...and we generally trust that prayer. BUT what if we ask for big things and trust those completely...will He not do big things? It says in scripture that if we ask according to His will he will do it! Or with faith as small as a mustard seed we can move mountains. So I just wanna challenge you today pray big prayers fully believing that Jesus is so capable of answering! He is our Provider as Haley reminded me. He wants to Provide for you.

And mom and update for you school is swell I am doing my homework and yes I have a lot! Buying books is stinky but everyone has gotta do it! College classes are actually interesting cause the teachers love what they are teaching...imagine that! Anyway off to do some hw! Love you all!

loveeeee

7 comments:

  1. He answered my prayers too!!! To keep you safe and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thats so amazing. i guess just reading ur blogs is sooooo encouraging to me. i have had a rough time lately and just wanting to give up, but just readying this blog saying u asked for one friend that loves Christ as much as u do and u walk outside ur dorm and theres a friend. thats just so amazing how He can do that. and it just makes me know that there is an actual God. I'm very happy for u alex. i love u

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww sweet girl... you made me cry, again!! :) I am so glad you are doing better! Please say a big prayer for me in the next couple of days... leaving here and driving to Georgia. I need peace that passes all understanding in knowing my decisions are good, and ease of transitions; and then say one for your mama who must be exhausted from carrying my load with me!! You are such an inspiration of faithfulness! Oh, and you should blog about your baptist soul church experience!! :) loveee you, cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to know how the soul preaching went on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Baby Girl,

    You are always in my prayers and know that yours will be answered as well. I didn't know you were blogging again, Sis and Bryer Calvert told me you were. It was so cool hearing your words though your writing.

    I had a blast getting you set up in the dorm room, a little bitter sweet for me as you are grown up now with the whole world at your finger tips. I know you will make wise choices but know I am always here for you and just a couple hours away if you need me for anything.

    Love you much and remember you can change the world, just stay focused.

    ReplyDelete
  6. alex !
    i love you & i'm so encouraged by this blog.
    i came to college expecting it to be hard to meet people...
    but it's so much harder than i ever thought. sure i meet people everyday but it's mostly small talk. i've been so discouraged lately, but praying hard each day for God to provide just what you asked for... one friend who loves HIM as much as i do.
    love you & miss you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Alex...Welcome to the world of college...saw on your mom's page that you were blogging again...I am so incredibly proud of you!! I loved reading your blogs while you were on your mission trip this summer...hope you were able to read mine and Caroline's when you got home (while we were in China)...if not, friend me on FB and I will give you the link. Just got back from an amazing trip to Antelope, Oregon where a bunch of old ladies (50+..ha..like your mom) went and were nannies to teen moms while they got to experience a Young Life camp...it was LIFE CHANGING!!! My teen mom and baby were so precious, and it was a joy to be a part of it all!! Praying for you as you navigate through the college life...classes, friends, decisions, boys, life and all those things in-between...love you sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete