Thursday, August 12, 2010

Are we really in college?

So i would first of all like to say that i feel like i should still be in highschool....i honestly cannot believe that I am a bitty grown up (which means kinda independent...i still need ya mom and daddy). Anyway today was move in day and it took foreverrrr, but we had tons of help from the strickland's and griffith's..good turn out! Emily Strickland and I are roomies and we are loving it..a little lonely at first but you cant expect to meet the whole campus on the first day!

Our room is soo cute who knew my mom was a designer! I will hopefully post a pic soon! Anyway Emily and I went to dinner with the people from our hall and we had fun lol with just a bit of awkwardness! The one thing we all had in common though was all of our clothes were covered in sweat from walking in the 110 degree weather...gotta love it!

Emily and I are most excited for the wesley foundation stuff...we have Bible study Monday and an ice cream social on Wed...yay fellowship! I cannot wait to meet some people that love JESUS soooo much and also share His good news with sooo many people. So if you are reading this then please pray for the people around our room that we can be a huge light for Christ and serve those around us all for His glory!

DEAR FAMILY AND FRIENDS,
I miss you soooo much already. Being here let's me see how much of an impact you have/had on my life! I thought of all of you multiple times today and I am soo thankful that the memories that I have made with so many people came with me! I will be back Labor Day weekend and cannot wait to tell you all I have done and hear your stories!

loveeeeeee

prayers needed please! thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Al, remember that faithful God who surrounded you this summer? Well, the good news is that he followed you to college! You have it all right inside of you, sweets! And, when you can't sleep and your mind is racing, think of the color black, it always worked for me in college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks ms. heidi! i know he is with me! it is just a bit hard sometimes but each day will get better and better! love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Sweets!
    We had a great time moving you in yesterday! I am sure we stayed too long but I just wanted to make sure everything was just right before we left. Your room looks adorable. We did well. Love that pantry! Emily's family is so fun!
    Remember everything worthwhile takes time. Just enjoy the process. Know that you are loved and very much missed! I know you will love it there.
    By the way.......how are the command strips holding up?
    Love and kisses. Call when you can! Mom

    ReplyDelete