Friday, July 9, 2010

My God's not dead He's surely ALIVE


Best weeek ever! So this is the second time I am trying to type this thing up because I hate my computer and everytime it comes unplugged it turns off and I lose all my work! So anyway I don’t have a lot of time to do this because we leave for a new village in an hour and fourty five and I still gotta eat and shower before we head out! Sooo I am going to try to explain to you the best I can what God did in and through me this past week! Soooo here goes:

We headed back to Guinope Friday afternoon after we went through our usual routine…going to the airport..picking up the new group…and then hitting up Popeyes which you know I love…duh fastfood! Then we loaded up and headed back to Guinope! To my surprise the ride wasn’t that bad prob because I was on a bus in my own seat and not in a cramped up van! We arrived in Guinope that evening and I felt like I was back home! It was nice to be there again and not be sick! The people were so welcoming and I loved it!

We settled into our rooms and the same motel thing and I insisted that I not have the same cursed room from last time…room #2 (that’s the room where I first got sick fyi) so Hannah and I moved ourselves into room #4 where we would come to find out that it was infested by every kind of bug imaginable… no joke there were bugs in there that I had never seen before! Hannah and I felt like Adam and Eve naming all the new critters in our room! It was okay though cause every night we would have a killing spree and then get in out sleeping bags and zip it all the way in hopes that one wouldn’t make its home in our ears or something (we even wore ear plugs one night because someone told us that the bugs we had were bugs who crawl in your ears and lay eggs!) It was pretty safe to say that I slept horribly the whole week…but what would a misson trip be without some bugs sharing a sleeping bag with you?

The first day there I was put on a work team and we went to a lady’s house and our group helped her to make a concrete floor in her bathroom which I wouldn’t even call a bathroom. It’s sad sometimes how these people live…and I know it’s a common statement to say but we do take so much for granted…when you sit on a dirt floor everyday to use the restroom in a hole you have dug yourself then I am sure we would start to appreciate things that we take for granted everyday! Anyway the boys mixed the concrete and Me, Janell, and Tony (the translator) went to the nearest Pulperia (a snack shop basically) and shared the Gospel with the people after translating a box of potatoes from English to Spanish! It was cool to be able to see that opportunity!

The rest of the week was amazing and I am running out of time so it won’t be as descriptive! I’m sorrrry! We led VBS again and it was awesome but the interns led every lesson this time because most of the adults were in the dental clinic that we also had going (that was a huge blessing to the people in itself they cleaned over 100 peoples teeth and pulled over like 60 teeth from baby to rotten teeth…also three people came to accept Christ through getting there teeth cleaned at the clinic…God will work whenever you let him!)

The rest of the days I was put on the teams that went to the schools and I loved it! I saw every grade from Kindergarten to tenth grade and it was cool to bring the love of Jesus to them in many different ways! The first day our group went to the kindergarten and we didn’t know that we had to have the lesson plan until we walked through the gate…lol our whole group walked into the classroom and were a little nervous at first because we didn’t have anything planned, but what do you know God pulled us through and we were able to think to do a skit of some of the basic bible stories and sing songs with them! I am so thankful for knowing how to share the Gospel with little kids because of what I have learned from working in Children’s Ministry at Hillside for a  year…thanks all of you who taught me all I know about running a class full of little booger eaters and still being able to get the point of Jesus’ love across to them!

The next day I went to the escuela (which here means like 1-6 grade). That was so much fun we just sang really fun songs like “El Pollo” which has nothing to do with Jesus, but you would be surprised how well people listen to you when you let them know that you are there to have fun and that sharing Christ’s love can be really really fun…I may have had more fun than the kids lol just kids! Anyway we did some of the same skits and I really think the kids liked it! Keep in mind we would do all this stuff in the morning and after at 2 we would lead VBS so it was six full days of singing and dancing…and I wasn’t even tired at the end of the day…God supplied every bit of energy and more that I needed for the week!

My favorite part was the last day though…I was able to go to the middle/highschool and share the Gospel and unlike the other kids these kids were older and we didn’t have to do funny skits and baby songs (not that those are bad at all) but we really just talked to them and shared testimonies and the Gospel. I was able to share the Gospel with the class I went in and I was so surprised that the Spirit just took over and told the kids what they needed to know! I was able to lead the class in a prayer of salvation and I encouraged the ones who already knew Jesus to really live for him and be bold to share it with someone everyday! I know lives were changed that day! I also learned that I shouldn’t be surprised that the Spirit took over because when we are in the middle of God’s will for our lives he will be faithful to come through for you in every situation! I have learned that so much this week!

I know this is shorter than usual and believe me this in no way tells you about my week but I journaled tons everyday to remember it all! I will have to tell you when I get back!

I just want to encourage you guys this week to step out of your comfort zone in some area this week and let someone know about Jesus…I promise you that He will come through for you because he wants people to share His word! Read Hebrews 10:35-39 and realize that the Spirit of Christ is in you in you if you have accepted Him into your heart and He doesn’t want us to lose confidence in that! Share the love of Christ everywhere you go because that is what he wants us to do! Remember that if you are going through a hard time that he will pull you through and remember that He is coming back for us to take us to heaven one day to a place he has prepared specifically for you! So don’t Shrink back because he doesn’t call us to that! I love and miss you guys so much 12 days and I will be home! I am off to a village with no electricity or running water lol pray for us please! Loveeeeee J

8 comments:

  1. Love you and be safe. No more parasites. :) and lots of fun presents for me.. DONT FORGET

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Baby, Thanks for starting my weekend off on a good note. Just reading your words puts a smile on my face. Do good work this week and you are always in my prayers. Can't wait to see your face in 12 days. Loveeeeee,Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thrilled you are making such an impact on the children in Honduras and that they are making an impression on your life too. Do great and fun things for the next 12 days and remember all the stories to tell us. We will be missing you until then!!!! Love and kisses, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Alex...so glad you are feeling better and that you had a good week...you are an amazing young lady, and it is so wonderful to see how the Lord has been using you this summer! Can't wait to see all your pictures and hear all your stories...hopefully our paths will cross before you leave for GCSU...Caroline and I leave this Friday for "East Asia" on our mission trip...we got our final assignment tonight, so I will try to let your mom know exactly where we will be so you can pray specifically for us!! Be safe, take care of yourself, and continue to listen to Him each day as He leads you...love you! Miss Sharon (Smith)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love reading these! It inspires me soooo much, thinking about the strength you are getting from Him! WOW..SO we are off this week coming ourselves and we are going away with the Slone Family(Holland, Miller, Meagan and of course Sydney say hello and they love you). Anyway I tell you that to say this, when we told my girls we were going to be leaving on Saturday they said "oh darn Dad that means we have to miss church again"(we didn't go last week due to differant things going on for the 4th of July) So I said to them, ok no problem we will just have "House Church" and you won't believe what my 8 year old Sydney said..."Awesome Dad just like they do in China"..Are you kidding me?? Yes I know what you are talking about, how thrilling it is to feel the Holy Spirit take over, I have had that happen a few times and love it. You my dear are amazing and the impact you are having is just down right fabulous! Sorry for the long comment just thought you would like to hear the short story. Especially since you have had such an impact on our little Sydney. So becareful this week and have a great time. 12 days, well you better get busy, there are still people who need to see Christ in you..Oh yea one more thing, the Hebrews verse well that is the verse Laura Stewart has clong to the past 7 months during her last bought.. We love you Alex and we are so proud of you!!!
    with His love .George

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the inspiration and love you send through your blog! You are such an amazing young woman! Be safe and grab every wonderful moment of your next 12 days!
    Love you!!! Ms. Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. HEY!!!! i miss you so much and i so happy to hear the many ways God is using you to spread His love!! I am so proud of you and pray for you often!I have a funny story--i hit another bird :/ lol i figured it would make you laugh :) the final count right now is 3 birds, 4 squirrels, and 1 lizard lol. stay safe and i love you lots!! cant wait to see you soon :)
    Love--Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't we get at least one more blog?

    ReplyDelete